**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description

AaaaaAAAAaaaahhh, another two days before my break is officially over. I know I got to start packing but

naaaaah....why do it now if you can do it later!

To be honest, somehow I didn't find enough favourites from last year reads, so this year I know I need to prioritize to avoid the same heartache.

If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman
A teary read, you say? With only 201 pages??? Impossibru!!!

Eon: Dragoneye Reborn (Eon #1) by Alison Goodman 
I heard the book revolves around an Asian princess a female warrior? (Thanks Axie for correcting me!) After a disappointment over Graceling and feeling no longer interested in Prophecy by Ellen Oh due to the mixed reviews, Eon is my only hope for now.

Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1) by Melina Marchetta
Before you started to throw heavy vehicles on me, know this, I HAVE THIS BOOK ON MY SHELF but I'm currently back in Malaysia for holiday. Once I'm back in Aus, I swear I'm going to read it. Just pray I do have time to read it since my summer research will be back in full swing soon.

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
I NEED TO RE-READ THIS. Somehow I saw so many negative to mixed reviews for it last year and they left me so confused because I remember liking Shiver but I can't remember why apart's from Stiefvater's level 9000 writing.

I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent #1) by Barry Lyga
Serial killers always intrigued me and while I'm not in any way idolize them, I always wonder how their minds actually work. Heh. No Dexter for me. That TV series could mess with my head if I let it on so this one book should be okay, I guess?

Immortal Beloved (Immortal Beloved #1) by Cate Tiernan
God, I know I'm such a loser because I actually have this on my shelf! And still have yet to read it. T_T

Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly #1) by Susan Dennard
Not sure why I want to read this book so bad but I really do. Probably because of the abundance of 4-5-star reviews? Probably because of the parasol?

 Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer
Another book sitting on my shelf...I should be banned from buying more books, right? It's like keeping a neglected pet. I'm full of shame. :((

Poison Study (Study #1) by Maria V. Snyder
Another book about female assassin, Grave Mercy didn't work for me. AT ALL. So I really hope this one would rise to the occasion. I somewhat worried too since I don't get along well with Historical Fiction books.

The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna
Very, very disappointed with What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang so when there were a handful of reviewers comparing that book with The Lost Girl and some even liked The Lost Girl better, I know I have to get my hands on it soon. Plus, the protag is an Indian girl? That's new! :)

Fifty Shames of Earl Grey (Fifty Shames #1) by Fanny Merkin
I haven't actually read Fifty Shades of Grey (not planning to anyway!) but I roughly know the storyline. Moreover, I haven't read any parodies before so probably this is a good start. Can't read any parodies on The Hunger Games because this book is sacred for me!

Ultraviolet (Ultraviolet #1) by R.J. Anderson
I haven't seen a single negative review from my circle of trusted reviewers so that's something. I don't understand too if it's so critically acclaimed then why it isn't that popular? Hmm..

7 comments:

Good selection. If I Stay & Shiver are rather good. A lot better than I expected them to be. Enjoy reading them and look forward to see what you thought of them :)

Great list you have there! :) I'll actually add some to my TBR list! Thanks for posting this up! :] and I hope you won't be disappointed with those as you were with Graceling and Grave Mercy :) I also have If I Stay and Where She Went on my shelf. Haven't read it, though. :)) I think I'll have to prioritize things this years. :)) nice post!

Wait, wait wait wait.

You have Immortal Beloved on your shelf... and you haven't read it yet?

ZUZ BAD GIRL BAD BAD GIRL *smacks* GO TO YOUR ROOM

I have If I Stay on my bookshelf waiting to be read. Let me know if you want to do a buddy read!

I haven't read any of these yet either, but they are all ones I need to read too. Except Cinder, which was somewhat of a letdown. GASP you didn't like Grave Mercy?! We can't be friends. Just kidding :) Although Grave Mercy is one of my favorites! I'm kind of afraid to read Shiver, even though Maggie's writing is as you said, level 9000. I just sort of picture it like a cliche werewolf version of Twilight.

(And about the packing, I feel the same way-put everything off until the very last minute!)

Something Strange and Deadly is a great book! I can't wait to read the sequel. And Cinder is just amazing, one of the best books I read last year! Definitely the best re-telling of Cinderella that I've ever read :)

EON is about a girl who is pretending to be a boy in order to train to be a Dragoneye, a powerful servant of the emperor. She's not a princess. I found EON frustrating, but I've been told EONA is much better.

If you're looking for Asian fantasy, I suggest Dragon Sword and Wind Child by Noriko Ogiwara. It's about a girl who learns that she's the reincarnation of the Water Maiden whose destined to end a war, however, all of her previous reincarnations have failed (and died) in their attempts. It's a fantasy written originally in Japanese and then translated, but I think the translation is done very well. (I'm not Japanese, but I do think the English reads well).

Finnikin of the Rock is amazing!!!

Cinder, apparently, was inspired by Sailor Moon, which made it a sure read for me.

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...