**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description

Libera Me by Christine Fonseca
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

What happens when everything you’ve sacrificed for is lost?
Aydan thought Nesy’s death would be the end of him, until he meets Nessa and his hope is restored. Could she be Nesy reborn? He is certain she must be. That is, until her lack of memories and incessant nightmares begin to erode his faith.
Zane is used to trusting his mind, his wisdom and his angelic senses. But these attributes are no help with Nessa. He has no way to be certain of her identity, no way to know the truth. That is, unless he listens to the one thing he has refused to acknowledge throughout his existence - his feelings for Nesy.
Blind to both angel and demon, Aydan and Zane must figure out the truth behind Nesy's identity before all is lost, Azza discovers the truth and the Beast is again unleashed.
The lines between good and evil have never been so blurred.




I'm in agony, alright? How could I NOT LIKE any Christine Fonseca books? She's born to write for meeee!!!

Okay, that probably crossed the line but heyyyy, this woman has a gift with words. I think if I to die and reincarnated seven times as an emperor penguin, Darth Vader, an orc, a Ferrero Rocher, a bottle of mineral water, Sheldon Cooper, and Batman love interest, I still can't write as good as Christine Fonseca.

Before I decided on my final rating, I had to keep asking myself, am I being too harsh? I mean, I rated some books with sub-par writing more than 2-stars.

But girl,


And the message I got from this book was 'it's okay to cause so much destruction, to cause pain to everyone around you as long as you get to follow your heart'. For instance,

"And if she unleashes the Beast? What then? You know that it means if you can't control it."
"Oh yes, I know. And it's a risk I gladly take if it means there's a chance to save Nessa from all of this."


Wow. So every other human lives in this planet don't matter?

Okay, maybe I was being too harsh just now. But get this, the reading experience was not pleasant for me at all. But I have to applaud Christine Fonseca for her courageous attempt to make this book really different from its predecessor, Lacrimosa.

She was able to explore so many different emotions such as guilt, despair, longing and making sure you feel them too. Sadly, that didn't work for me because I kept going back to how the problem emerged in the first place and I always found the person to blame. Study these lines for example;

"What if it's a trap, Zane? Did you think about that? What if she's a demon sent by Azza?"
"Then I guess I'm going to die."


So instead of getting connected with the characters, I laughed and said 'serve you right' instead.

Yeah, I'm not a good reader in that sense.

Nessa. *sigh* Instead of being creep-ed out by a new guy who claimed he knows you all his life before, you feel guilty because you can't get your memories back? What evidence Aydan has for you to trust him that easily?

And you really need to stop crying.

Aydan. STOP CALLING YOUR GIRLFRIEND, BABY. Enough said.

Cass serves nothing more than Zane's personal angel. She has to keep telling Zane to do the right thing and sadly, Zane never listens.

But yeah, at the end of the day, if you think you like to enter a labyrinth of dreams and delusions with serious make outs in between while the actual story is static then this book is for you.

2 unimpressed faces
View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...