**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description

Easy by Tammara Webber
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…
He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…
The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.
Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.

Buddy read with Deska. You can read her thoughts here.

I have to warn you that this isn't exactly a review. More like my thought process written in scrambled words.


I swear to God this book would've find itself in my DNF pile if it's not because of all the buzz and hype. Instead of a swoon-worthy book, it was a snooze-worthy book. Sorry! But I need to stop giving these Contemporary/New Adult/YA books with deep message my knee-jerk five star ratings.

Although I have to confess I may lose my ability to enjoy this kind of books after Colleen Hoover's stunning debut, Slammed and her latest hit, Hopeless.

Hmm...yea it was sweet, empowering and all that but don't you think it's just tad predictable? And planned? Planned and awkward at the same time? You might hate me for this but the make outs were written awkwardly in my opinion. Like, I didn't even get the insta-love vibe and out of the blue, Lucas and Jacqueline make out? = insta-make-out? *shudders* Well, it isn't that sudden but the make outs sound really casual. I swear I felt more emotions when reading their e-mail exchanges.

I need to get myself checked,

I think.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I talk about Landon separately as if he isn't, you know... (don't want to spoil it for the not-yet-readers).

Hawt. LOL! An Economics tutor?

Hawt. Hawt. Hawt.

I took Economics in my college days too and that was one the best decisions I've ever made.

So I'm gonna be the smart-ass that I am and show you how I felt about Easy in terms of an economics curve.

Class, today we're going to learn about Phillips Curve!


Ignore the axis labels and just look at the curve. Needless to say the first chapter was brilliantly written but somehow the rest of the book failed to amuse me until the end.

Well, it was an easy read, no pun intended. :)

P/S: Sorry for my pseudo-smart-ass-ness show off. I miss studying Economics so bad.

ZA
3 poker faces
View all my reviews

7 comments:

Well, another book that I will be avoiding then! I haven't even heard of this book so whatever hype you've heard I have never did. XD

LOL...I think I will put this one on the back burner for now.

@ Delaney: Haha. That's amazing. I wish I never heard of this book too so that I didn't fall for all the hype LOL!

@ M.Kay: If you're a fan of this new wave of New Adult books, you might end up enjoying it. :)

I think I liked this book just because Landon was so mmmmm. Definitely wasn't expecting him to get my attention that strongly, since I'm not too big a fan of piercings and tattoos and such.

I really loved Easy, but I can see what you're talking about. It did seem really predictable. I think I liked it because it was NA and I just got into that genre. Great review!

Hi! Saw your blog off Cuddlebuggery's holiday carol.

Every time Jacqueline mentioned how she was doing a worksheet for economics or writing a paper for economics, I died a little inside b/c that sounded so painful to me. I

did understand your curve though...I think.

My math teacher once said, "I like all kinds of curves."

Sophie: I agree. I find smart guys as very attractive in general. Never a fan of tats and piercings.

Harley: I think I'm gonna steer clear of NA. My experience with the genre hasn't been encouraging so far LOL!

Girl with Bread: Haha. You math teacher is hilarious. I hope she/he was joking though. Because I never like math questions which sound like 'find the area under the curve using differentiation' or something like that.

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...