**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description


Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.
In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putting a bullet in his shoulder. But as she’ll learn in Destroy Me, Warner is not that easy to get rid of. . .
Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.
Set after Shatter Me and before its forthcoming sequel, Unravel Me, Destroy Me is a novella told from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

Actual rating 4.5 stars. It would've been 5-stars if it weren't for Warner's wet dream. Okay, maybe it wasn't a wet dream but still! Yikes!

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh, this novella is doing things to me.

Heyyyyy, Warner...


I will not talk about Warner.

I will not talk about Warner.

I will not-

Damn, Warner.

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?! I usually like nice guys but I'm sorry Adam, I think Warner totally kicked your butt with the birth of this novella.

I don't knooooooooooow!!! I feel like I want to run to Warner, to comfort him, to tell him it's going to be alright, to tell him, it's okay to take long bath, it's okay to be barefooted, it's okay to be shirtless for a while...

The ever-abundant shirtless-ness.

Jee...I know it's borderline fanservice but I don't knoooooooooooow. Can I say it's okay because it's Warner we're talking about here, pwehty pwease?

And it's okay if he keeps falling or collapsing all the time because it's Warner, no? I mean, come on! His father is an abusive evil maniac and he didn't expect to find Juliette also went through the same trauma as he had and still has been going through.

Huuuu...this is wrong~ I never feel this fangirlism for a fictional guy for a long time and what's more peculiar is that I hated Shatter Me. I thought the plot is really loose, the make outs unnecessary and disgusting and to top it all, Juliette is tiring.

Magically, reading her journal in Warner's voice was absolutely touching and riveting. And strangely, I only made it to two paragraphs of Unravel Me excerpt before I decided to stop.

Yup, I still hate Juliette.

LOL! I never feel this conflicted for a book series before.

Unravel Me - To read or not to read, that's the question.

You can never be wrong with Warner's POV. 4.5 sweet baby penguin faces!
View all my reviews

4 comments:

Oh oh oh I'm so jealous of you!!! I've been trying to get my hands on this ebook for ages! Warner is.....ugh so hawt! :D Great review.

Thanks, Hannah! Yup, Warner is definitely worth swooning for! :)

I'll have to read this because I was not a fan of Warner but his character interests me. Awesome review :)

How can you NOT a fan of Warner LOL! Anyway, I'm looking forward to your review as always! :D

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...