**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description

Die for Me by Amy Plum
My rating: 1 of 5 stars
In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.
When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.
Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.

I don't get it...
What do people see in this book??? I was bored to death even after I was half through the book!

When I read this, "The answer to your question of where I was taking you would be...to the most beautiful place in Paris. With the most beautiful girl I have been lucky enough to set eyes on..."

THOSE LINES ARE TOO FLUFFY, I ALMOST SUFFOCATED! I officially decided to abandon this book. I don't care if the other half of the book is freaking awesome because you madame (Amy Plum) had wasted a few hours of my precious weekends. I'm just going to search for spoilers to find out what I'd been missing to spare myself some sanity.

Again, people! REAL LOVE NEEDS TIME TO DEVELOP. You don't simply laid your eyes on a strange, hot Frenchman and declare, I MEANT TO BE WITH THIS GUY!!! Plus, this Vincent guy admitted that he is obsessed over you, Kate! RUN KATE, RUN! For the sake of your life or...hmm...your virginity.

Well, I found the characters as uninspiring and (some) are just plain stupid. Who needs a sister like Georgina? She's like the reincarnated version of Paris Hilton. So annoying!

And people...as paranormal fantasy-ish as this book meant to be, can we consider a little science behind this 'zombie'like premise. One does not simply wake up after being dead for three days and doesn't succumb to muscle wasting, starvation or (obviously) lack of fluid (despite the revenants do feel unwell after 'waking up'). Well, of course that three days, they are dead but no! I still against the idea of waking up almost flawlessly afterwards, I think it doesn't hurt to put the revenants into comatose state instead. That idea seems more plausible.

*Sigh* This is like the 'Edward' thing all over again. A vampire, without a heartbeat and poof, he could get this human girl to be pregnant!

View all my reviews

10 comments:

B.I.T.C.H

How mature~ :)

This one didn't work for me either. I couldn't stop thinking that it was Twilight set in Paris with different beings. Also, I agree, I didn't care for the zombie mythology. It didn't make sense, and seemed way too convenient to meet the needs of the author.

I borrowed this from a friend but returned it two weeks later.I couldn't even get through the first chapter of the book. -_-

Ah ha ha. Have not read this book so this is no reflection on it or the author, but, sooo great to find someone else done with the "Edward-ian" romances and weird/stalker dudes!! Love it.

@ Lauren: Glad to know I'm not the only one. It doesn't matter if a book is meant to be fictional, everything should follow logically nevertheless. Readers aren't that stupid, you see.

@ Nobonita: LOL! I wish I had stop right from the first chapter.

@ JM: Yes, I am definitely had enough of those and I believe many readers also feel the same way too. :/

The insta-love was driving me crazy and apparently stalking is the new form of romance. I'm not even going to bother with the rest of the series.

Fuh, glad you're agree with me, Lis! :)

I got really afraid whenever someone commented on this review. I don't want to be called bitch again LOL!

Thank you for saving me from buying this book as a Kindle Daily Deal!

Good rreading your post

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...