**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description


Fade by A.K. Morgen
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

What do you do when you realize nothing in your life is what you’ve believed it to be?
When Arionna Jacobs loses her mother in a tragic accident, her world is turned upside down. She’s forced to leave her old life behind and move in with her father. Dace Matthews, a teaching assistant at her new college, is torn in two, unable to communicate with the feral wolf caged inside him.
When they meet, everything they thought they knew about life unravels. Dace has intimate access to Arionna’s mind, and something deep within her fights to rise to the surface. They don't understand what's happening to them or why, and they're running out of time to sort out the strange occurrences around them.
Their meeting sets an ancient Norse prophesy of destruction in motion, and what destiny has in store for them is bigger than either could have ever imagined. Unless they learn to trust themselves and one another, they may never resolve the mystery surrounding who they are to one another, and what that means for the world.

Actual rating: 0.5 star (Well, it's slightly better than Ever)



The Lord has given me strength to stomach this book, so here is what I came up with:

When I first saw the book blurb '....She’s forced to leave her old life behind and move in with her father (heard that before)...unable to communicate with the feral wolf caged inside him (yup, definitely about werewolves or shapeshifter, nothing new)...Norse prophesy-

Wait, what?

Norse prophesy?

Do you think what I think?


*flails*

Yup, apparently I wanted to read this book because of Loki. Well, not entirely...because I wanted to see myself what's all the fuss about the horribleness of this book. LOL. I couldn't agree more with the other reviewers, but for the sake of entertainment, I shall review this with character interview style!

***SPOILERS ALERT***

Me: *Clears throat* Hi Arionna! 'Nice' to have you here with us. So, let's get straight to business. During your mom funeral, you saw a wolf. And what did you feel at that moment?

Arionna: I wonder if he'd lost a loved one too. Do animals feel loss like us? Do they grieve, too? I hoped not.

Me: *Eye-twitch* So instead of running away from the scene and warning everyone else about the presence of the wolf, you wondered...did he (oh, you know its gender too)...ermm..lost a loved one too?
How...considerate.
Okay, moving on. When you first laid your eyes on Dace, you felt...

Arionna: Oh, I felt like I knew him. I felt...peaceful. As if looking at this beautiful boy washed away everything that happened since Mom died. I felt right in the way I never had before, not only unburdened and aware, but complete. Like gaping hole inside me had fillied with him. I think Dace felt the same way.

Me: *Snorts* I mean, sure! Your mom would feel so proud to see that you were moving on because...you met, ermm no, saw a random guy from a distance. And I believe Dace said he was not used to seeing beautiful girls standing on crumbling walls every day when he first met you?

Arionna: Yeah, he'd call me beautiful. *blushes*

Me: .......Uh, right. And then he held you gaze, an absolutely predatory gleam in his eyes. Nothing human reflected in that look, but something complete male did. His desire brushed across your thoughts like a caress. He wanted you, wanted to claim me. You was a virgin, but you wanted him to claim you?

Arionna: *Nods sheepishly*
Me:
Tell me, girl. Which part of the word 'rape' that you didn't understand?
Anywaaaaaaaaaay, how do you view yourself?

Arionna: I'm just a girl. Just a sad, messed up girl. Nothing special about me at all.

Me: *Blink blink* Uhuhjustanothermarysue.

Arionna: What did you say?

Me: Nothing. How did you meet Dace for the next time?

Arionna: Call it instinct or whatever, but I knew he'd snow sooner or later when I went jogging in that area. Around forty-five minutes later, he showed up.

Me: Ermm..so, you just waited randomly for a random guy for 45 minutes in random area. And when he did show up, you didn't want to talk, you wasn't ready to face him. You felt like you might start crying if you opened your mouth. You didn't let him touch you and you were half afraid the scene from Thursday would repeat if he touched you. Hmm.

Arionna: Yup.

Me: Then, Dace said you two are probably soul mates? In your second meeting?

Arionna: Aha, yes.

Me:
And then a few minutes later, you guys were kissing each other senseless? And you even hoped that he takes away your virginity against a tree?

Arionna: Yes. Whoaa...why you get so uptight?

Me: Me? Uptight? Eh, of course not. *wipes sweat on forehead* Okay, so you met a girl, a friend of Dace and what did she think about you and Dace?

Arionna: Chelle thinks maybe I'll be good for him.

Me: (Weird town, everybody thinks Arionna and Dace are soul mates. Really? How sweet!) And I also noticed you have a tendency to pass out or cry whenever you think the situation got better of you.

Arionna: Well, I couldn't help it.

Me: (Damsel in distress level 9000) Okay, tell me something. When Dace told you about what he really is, how did you feel?

Arionna: I thought I'm like him, I thought I'm not me.

Me: Instead of having a hard time believing Dace, you thought you're like him? You're just- Wow! I'm speechless. And you are really an incredible young woman, you know that, Miss Arionna? Because your heart felt like cracking open when you heard the death of Dani, the girl you're barely know.

Arionna: I-

Me: Yes, you're so incredible, Dace like to call you love? Like, I never heard of any of my friend's boyfriends calling their girlfriend love. The only person who uses that term of endearment is that lady from the post office. She even called me cupcake once. I wonder why Dace doesn't call you that. Huh.

Arionna: He-

Me: And suddenly halfway throughout the story, everybody isn't really a human? Yay! Now, we have a love child of Fallen and Shiver.

Arionna: Yup, that's the idea! And here's my favourite quote from the book, "...well, had the wolf not be so eager, I wasn't sure I'd still be a virgin.

Me: Arionna?

Arionna: And Dace replied 'telepathically' of course. 'Do you honesltly think I'd take your virginity on a picnic table?

Me: What r u're doing

Arionna: And I asked 'Why not?'

Me: Arionna?

Arionna: It's better than the back of a car.

Me: STAHP!
(And punches are flying)

Me: Okay, kids. I think we're done here. Kthxbai.

Did I care about the mythology? No. I was too distracted with the level of intelligence shown by the characters. But I think that's the only thing that worth the 0.5 star because everything else is just wrong on so many levels.

Bonus time: I think my tablet got so petrified with my decision to read this book despite all the warnings. I brought it on board during my Dolphin Explorer cruise, or Dolphin Fin Explorer cruise as I'd call it (I only saw the fin of the dolphin, that's why. But what do I expect with a $8 cruise! Pffttt), and somehow I accidentally left it(I think my tablet just got scared too much until it decided to be left). And my tablet did have valid reasons to be scared.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...