**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description

Entwined by Heather Dixon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it.
The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation.
Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest.
But there is a cost.
The Keeper likes to "keep" things.
Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.

Actual rating: 2.5 stars

Uh, this review will be awkward because I haven't write any reviews for three weeks now. Yup, that's how bad my reading life is like right now. Dush, assignments, dush!

Oh, pweh-ty cover, I had been fooled again! Where do I start, really. I thought that Entwined will certainly be better than Princess of the Midnight Ball based on, ehem that spectacular cover and all the hype.

Eheh! Nope.

At least I was presented with a sweet love story in Princess of the Midnight Ball but in Entwined the love story is almost non-existent. But huzzah! Everyone got married in the end.

(Damn, wasn't that a spoiler? But, but, I'm to lazy to put a spoiler tag now.)

Okay, look, the prose is indeed beautiful and it'd be sexier if you read this book with British accent like Haleema has suggested. But other than that, this just didn't do it for me. I actually liked Keeper at the beginning, he reminded me a lot of Sebastian from ovaries-exploding anime/manga Kuroshitsuji.

Urm, yes he still makes me nose-bleed even after all this time

But towards the end, it's a shame to compare Sebastian with Keeper (view spoiler)[even after we knew Keeper was indeed this badass villaneous High King. You see, I always have a thing for a evil, manipuative villain, but sadly Keeper is not among them. (hide spoiler)]

The twelve princesses are charming but I think that's the problem with Fantasy books, the writing is told in the way that is distant from the readers? At least, that's what I thought so far. I humbly admit that I haven't read enough Fantasy books. But yeah, I think my favourite character is that teeth sugar. Pfffff!

To sum it up, if you like to read about drama llama involving a royal family with some magical elements then probably this is for you. :)

View all my reviews

6 comments:

Huh - I too was drawn in by the cover art. I guess this will be movin' on down my TBR.

Well, I've seen a lot of great reviews. So I think it's really up to that individual whether to like this or now. :)

I agree the romance in this one is pretty lame. "The Twelve Dancing Princesses" is hard to retell I think because the good ones are rare. The one I like the most is Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier and I think that one works because she reduced the number of sisters to 5. It is also a retelling of The Frog Prince. If you haven't read it you might want to give it a try.

Yay! Another retelling! Thanks for the recommendation, Brandy! :)

i need 2 look up the anime .gr8 review

Thanks roro. Yessss!!!! The anime is definitely worth watching! XD

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...