**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine . It's where we showcase all the books we can't wait to get our hands on!


This week's WoW pick is;

City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Foster
Expected publication: February 5th 2013 by Harper Children's


The girl with no past, and no future, may be the only one who can save their lives.
Nisha was abandoned at the gates of the City of a Thousand Dolls when she was just a child. Now sixteen, she lives on the grounds of the isolated estate, where orphan girls apprentice as musicians, healers, courtesans, and, if the rumors are true, assassins. Nisha makes her way as Matron’s assistant, her closest companions the mysterious cats that trail her shadow. Only when she begins a forbidden flirtation with the city’s handsome young courier does she let herself imagine a life outside the walls. Until one by one, girls around her start to die.
Before she becomes the next victim, Nisha decides to uncover the secrets that surround the girls’ deaths. But by getting involved, Nisha jeopardizes not only her own future in the City of a Thousand Dolls—but her own life.


Oh hello kick-ass cover! Don't you just love the epicness of the cover? *Swoons*
The first line of the blurb already got me on the edge of my seat...

...until I came across the word 'assassins'.

Yes, I do have secret obsession for assassins!

Not only that, there are so many interesting elements in this story, 'orphan girls apprentice', 'the mysterious cats', 'girls around her start to die'.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...