**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description

Ladle Rat Rotten Hut by Cameron Jace
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Little Red Riding Hood's untold and true story. Why she was wearing a Red hood. Who her Grandma really was. What the wolf actually wanted. Where she fits in the Dreamworld. And what Ladle Rat Rotten Hut means.

It puzzled me to actually admit this, but I think I'm kind of addicted to Cameron Jace's writing. Beyond all those spelling and grammar errors, awkward metaphores (I'm not any better myself to be honest), I get him as an author. I always read his books in a single sitting, and this didn't happen even for other novellas.

Ladle Rat Rotten Hut (it's a very random title, until you pronounce it ;)) is miles better than Beauty Never Dies, I think. No more annoying characters, praise the Lawd. Plot-wise, not everything makes sense, even when you consider that this is a fairy tales retelling. ***Spoiler ahead***  One thing that bothers me is, how was this wolf-boy get caught by Ladle's witch grandmother? Granted she was a witch, but he isn't an ordinary boy himself. ***Spoiler finished***[One thing that bothers me is, how was this wolf-boy get caught by Ladle's witch grandmother? Granted she was a witch, but he isn't an ordinary boy himself. (hide spoiler)]

Oh, I almost forgot to address the cover. Overall, I like it. If only, the model's hairs don't look too photoshopped.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

I'm going to have to check these out! hahaha I actually think the title is rather creative! I believe I have the first novella so I'll have to start that one soon :) And I agree, the hair is definitely funky.

All the best ♥
Mackenzie @ Oh, For the Love of Books!

Yes, yes, you definitely have to check out the first novella. But so far, the readers always fall into two sides, the ones who like it and the ones who don't.

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...