**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
The monster showed up after midnight. As they do.
But it isn't the monster Conor's been expecting. He's been expecting the one from his nightmare, the one he's had nearly every night since his mother started her treatments, the one with the darkness and the wind and the screaming...
This monster is something different, though. Something ancient, something wild. And it wants the most dangerous thing of all from Conor.
It wants the truth.

I don't know when was the last time I cried over a book, but this one was definitely sad. And they were only 215 pages of it!

Oh God, I'm still sobbing...

This book comes in a complete package. Almost everyone who read this had experience how was their life went at the age of 13. Hence, most of us would relate to this story well. Nevertheless, it was not simply a children book, nor it is mere a young adult book. All the four tales told by the monster and Colin were deep and almost philosophical.

It was amazing how, given the limited number of pages this book has, every character was developed perfectly. They have their own goodness and flaws, in short, this book will mesmerized you in term of how the voices will stay long after you read the last page.

Finally, you would be able to sense that this book was written with honesty and sincerity.

And even you read the book without the knowledge that the idea for the book was originally came from the late Siobhan Dowd i.e you would be neutral about this book in the first place, then yes, this book would still be awesome. Trust me.

View all my reviews

1 comments:

thanks so much for all the information provided at all very useful for us, especially I can add new insights,

cara alami menyembuhkan tumor rahang
obat radang gusi tradisional
obat chikungunya tradisional

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...