**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins


My name is Katniss Everdeen. Why am I not dead? I should be dead.
Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.
It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plains--except Katniss.
The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay--no matter what the personal cost.
******Spoilers alert******

*Inhale deeply then exhale*

For start, I was prepared for the finale of this series. It's not one of those shallow Young Adult series revolved around a helpless girl obsessing over her supernaturally-gifted boyfriend or anything of that sort.

Yet, I was very much overwhelmed by every turn of event in this book. I think Suzanne Collins had written this book with spontaneity in her mind because I couldn't guess pretty much everything that would happen afterwards.

So I left in that situation again, the one I experienced when I finished with The Night Circus. I honestly don't know what is my rating for this book.

I could hardly follow up the plot, I was not sure if it was because the author's fluid writing skill had deteriorated or because I was reading it in Katniss' voice.A very depressed Katniss.[A very depressed Katniss.

I had several 'eh?' moments:

1. Was it really realistic to have a 17-years old girl to be THE mockingjay? To have her in the battlefield? To let and aid her to assassinate President Snow?

2. How can the 13-years old Prim was allowed to be in the medical team? Shortage of staff probably but I don't know, it sounded strange.

3. What happened to the next Hunger Games which supposedly involved the children of Capitol citizen? Why Katniss even agreed to that idea?

4 Why everyone was so suicidal? (hide spoiler)]


I had several 'eh?' moments:

1. Was it really realistic to have a 17-years old girl to be THE mockingjay? To have her in the battlefield? To let and aid her to assassinate President Snow?

2. How can the 13-years old Prim was allowed to be in the medical team? Shortage of staff probably but I don't know, it sounded strange.

3. What happened to the next Hunger Games which supposedly involved the children of Capitol citizen? Why Katniss even agreed to that idea?

4 Why everyone was so suicidal?

But in the end, I think Katniss had make the right decision between Peeta and Gale.


*sigh* I'm still having this conflicting thought. I think subconciously I was expecting Katniss to be married to Peeta, Prim still has her goat and Buttercup to play with, while Katniss mum occasionally tend to sick people. They live in the Victor Village with Haymitch, Gale and his family as neighbours while sometimes Effie, Finnick and Annie, Johanna, Cinna and his prep team come visiting them.

LOL! I should grow up faster :)
[*sigh* I'm still having this conflicting thought. I think subconciously I was expecting Katniss to be married to Peeta, Prim still has her goat and Buttercup to play with, while Katniss mum occasionally tend to sick people. They live in the Victor Village with Haymitch, Gale and his family as neighbours while sometimes Effie, Finnick and Annie, Johanna, Cinna and his prep team come visiting them.

LOL! I should grow up faster :) (hide spoiler)]



View all my reviews

2 comments:

Hmm. I liked this least in the series because of the doubts you have too (oh, and you're supposed to put spoiler alert :P) I'm not sure either whether Katniss makes the right desicion for gale/peeta. I'm not pleased with Collins removing Gale like that.

I meant to do the spoiler alert but I've forgotten somehow!!! Thanks for reminding me ^_^

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...