**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description

The Hobbit [Dramatized] by J.R.R. Tolkien
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The original American full dramatization as broadcast on National Public Radio.
Bilbo Baggins, a gentle hobbit who loves the comforts of home, reluctantly joins a company of dwarves on a journey to recover plundered gold from a fierce dragon. It's a tale of high adventure and astonishing courage-and a magical prelude to the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

After watching LOTR trilogy for at least twice, I admit that I'm still a noob in this Middle Earth story. I once hated Bilbo Baggins. I felt sorry for Frodo because he had to clean up whatever mess his uncle had created. I mean, if Bilbo never stolen the Ring from Gollum, Frodo didn't have to go through all the trouble to go to Mordor in order to destroy the Ring. Ha-ha! If it was never stolen, then there would be no hindrance for Sauron to rise to his power all over again. Silly me!

Since then, I felt neutral towards Bilbo Baggins...

...until I've read (or technically heard) The Hobbit!

What can I say, J.R.R. Tolkien was a master in storytelling. It's a shame that I still have yet to read the LOTR trilogy. I do believe that the books must hold greater magic than the epic movies which just stunned me from start to finish, over and over again.

The experience with my first ever audiobook was quite interesting. I kept anticipating for Ian McKellen's voice but instead I heard this dude with Snape's accent playing Gandalf which was odd yet entertaining. But I definitely, definitely need to read the actual book itself because of my short attention span problem!


Release date 14 December 2012? And for Part 2 a year later? One does not simply survive this torturous wait!!!


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...