**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description

Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wilde Island is not at peace. The kingdom mourns the dead Pendragon king and awaits the return of his heir; the uneasy pact between dragons, fairies, and humans is strained; and the regent is funding a bloodthirsty witch hunt, hoping to rid the island of half-fey maidens.
Tess, daughter of a blacksmith, has visions of the future, but she still doesn't expect to be accused of witchcraft, forced to flee with her two best friends, or offered shelter by the handsome and enigmatic Garth Huntsman, a warden for Dragonswood. But Garth is the younger prince in disguise and Tess soon learns that her true father was fey, making them the center of an exciting, romantic adventure, and an ancient prophecy that will bring about peace between all three races - dragon, human, and fairy.

Well, this review had to be short otherwise I run a risk of not finishing my assignment (Boo meeee!!!)

I wish I'd take shorter time to finish this book because it is truly a very charming book. It is that kind of story I would tell my nieces and nephews (as I'm still riding solo ::forever alone::) as bedtime stories. I never thought I'd long for this but yeah, I wish there was more romance because the love story was very sweet, I felt like I want to push Garth and Tess towards each other and yell "What are you waiting for? Just get married already!!"

The story was quite predictable as well but I didn't mind it that much because the writing is very smooth. The prologue was written ridiculously well but that didn't hold true for the rest of the book, probably because the author had to conform to the lighter tone as the story progresses.

But I must say, as much as I admire Tess for her bravery and loyalty, she's not the ass-kicking heroine our Young Adult market is currently flooded with (it's refreshing, believe me). But the story was told in a very traditional way, found in countless other Fantasy books. So, I think it is a good read but it will not be too memorable.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

I love the cover on the book. And the background of your blog is so pretty. Great review!

Thank youuuuu!! I know right! I think I want to marry this cover! Oh, well :D

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...