**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This thrilling sequel to the much-talked-about Nightshade begins just where it ended.Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemy, and she's certain her days are numbered.
But then the Searchers make her an offer,one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack and the man she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.


Gosh, I'm glad I decided to continue on reading instead of just dropping the book half way. The first 200 pages were like...soooooooo slow including the action scenes. Meeting with the searchers, long lecture about all the lies and history stuff, going to the battlefield, Connor made horrible, horrible jokes, Calla unsure whether to trust the Searchers or not, Ethan trying not to kill Calla, Adne trying to show off how capable she is. And yeah, Shay acting like a douche. Those are basically half of the story. I was getting furious, why every second book in the series (Linger, The Lost Saint)are just painful to read? And hello, where's (my) Ren?

Well, I think I understand why the author spend half of the book doing that. With so many new characters and lies to be unfold, she did the right thing. But it doesn't mean that she can compromise the fluidity of the story. Only when Calla and a group a Searchers when to Vail, that's where the true action begins. Still not that natural in the sense that once Calla met Ren, they sort of spent waaay too much time 'lovey dovey'ing while the rest of the team was fighting the incoming Guardians. Then, Ren want to hurt Calla by how? Raping her was it? Man, with too many characters around, I kept losing who's done the talking at some point.

Calla's roller coaster of emotions is another proof why women are more complicated than calculus. Yes, yes, I'm a girl too but I just couldn't identify with her sometimes. The dilemma between Shay and Ren was convincing. For me, there's no clear choice there (although I'm pretty sure Shay was meant to be the male lead). Next, when Calla's found out that her mother was killed, she didn't seem to be that devastated, she seems to care more about her pack, Ansel and Ren. It's a mom we were talking about you see! And my goodness, I feel like the entire time Shay was only trying to make out with her. The make out scene at the very end of the book was aaaawwwkkwwwardd!! Calla was so devastated, she even cut her hair with gardening prune and poof! She spent the night with Shay!! Bad, bad timing, only hours after Monroe was dead and she met Ren.

Anyone notice the similarities between Adne and Ariadne from Inception, apart from they bear the same name (thank you Captain Obvious). They both young, sort of genius and the architect of the team (well, by creating portals, Adne do need to know the building's layout right?)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...