**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description

If You Could See Me Now by Cecelia Ahern
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Elizabeth Egan's life runs on order: Both her home and her emotions are arranged just so, with little room for spontaneity. It's how she counteracts the chaos of her family -- an alcoholic mother who left when she was young, an emotionally distant father, and a free-spirited sister, who seems to be following in their mother's footsteps, leaving her own six-yearold son, Luke, in Elizabeth's care. When Ivan, Luke's mysterious new grown-up friend, enters the picture, Elizabeth doesnt know quite what to make of him. With his penchant for adventure and colorful take on things large and small, Ivan opens Elizabeth's eyes to a whole new way of living. But is it for real? Is Ivan for real?
If You Could See Me Now is a love story with heart -- and just a touch of magic.

First & foremost, I'm not the type of reader who prefer romance books because it is so difficult to find a story which portrays love in depth without any physical contact.

This is actually only the second book in romance genre I ever read (minus all those craps I read when I was in secondary school.

So, here’s quick (hopefully) look on why this book is such a smashing hit for me.

1. I got it for free! (Well, I swapped with a handbag which I don’t like. Haha)

2. I never read Cecilia Ahern’s before (I did watch P.S I Love You movie which people say id not up to the standard with the book itself) And I didn’t take a peek on Amazon’s rating or read the reviews. So, basically, I knew nothing about the book before I started to read it. So, all the surprises & twists felt genuine to me.

3. The lead roles are not anywhere near perfect specimen of human being (handsome, pretty, romantic, or anything like that).

4. It offers my favourite type of ending. A tragic happy ending.

5. You can guess it was meticulously drafted and yet, the tone felt natural and spontaneous.

6. The author is ridiculously talented compared to how young she is.

7. Not making me google anything (like when I read Dan Brown’s. Which is a wonderful thing to do actually)

8. Some of the scenes will just stuck in my head.

9. The book made me realize how all this time I was being more like a logician than an aunt. Seriously. The author wrote something like this

“I am not like Edith who will going to beat and blaming the floor in front of Luke when Luke fall on his knee”
I - Elizabeth, the main character
Luke - her nephew
Edith – Luke’s babysitter

Yup, my mom always do like that to her grandchildren and I was like, huh?

10. The last reason is despite no exaggeration on how the characters were feeling, I did shed a few tears. Hey, it’s not just about the love between the two main characters, it is also about the love within the family.

View all my reviews

1 comments:

I greatly enjoy Cecelia Ahern's works of literary art. She has a wonderful way of blending fun and tenderness to her stories. It is so easy to become absorbed into the character's lives and see a whole new life through their eyes.

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...